Thursday 10 May 2012

Middelfart Denmark

It seems many moons ago I was exhibiting and teaching in Middelfart in Demark.
I had a wonderful time meeting many very interesting people from the other  exhibitors to the visiting public.
We , as exhibiting artists( from UK and USA) were SO, so well looked after with transport to and from the airport, special lunches and teas at the event, plus a very comfortable hotel.
 It was , for one reason or another a magical time which I will remember fondly.
Thank you to everyone involved in the trip especially the wonderful, organised Inge-Lise.
Here are some of the images taken at the workshop, I was battling with my camera so they may not be the best photos in the world, but I/we did have alot of fun!
The ladies attended came from all over Denmark, travelling great distances, they all did very well with this experimental technique and as we tried to understand each other with all the highly technical and complex  embroidery jargon!! Thank you to my interpreters.......here are their brooches......











Latest news....The day after the happy trip to Denmark, I was diagnosed with breast cancer and am now on an unexpected enforced 'rest' while treatment is ongoing.
 Unfortunately , I have had to postpone many workshops and classes in UK and Europe, for which I am very sad about and I apologise to the students and the organisers that had arranged the various events.
In the mean time, I hope to 'play' in my studio as best I can, so who knows what may come out of my 'rest' period!
watch this space!

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear your news Jill. May you get plently of rest and make a full recovery. Take care. G x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Jill - I hope you make a speedy recovery. Take very good care and rest well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your health problem. I wish you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sorry to hear your news, don't worry about workshops, they'll keep until you're better. Wishing you all the very best xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to hear your news wishing you a speedy recovery. Work can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry about the workshops ,take time to heal.I have been twice down that road now and its important to rest, relax and create ,to help balance all that is about to happen my love.

    ReplyDelete